Ok, just a quick post, well I'll try, about my eyes. I had a girlfriend call today to see if I was now a pirate with a patch on, or blind, after my LASIK surgery. I am happy to report, I can see at least 20/20. YEAH! It is like looking through binoculars after so long not being able to see far away. I feel as though I need to wear my glasses anyway. My eyes are pretty dry and a little sore by the end of the day. I had some worry that night after the procedure, I had to go back up as I thought my tear ducts had exploded and I had a constant river running down my face. But, he said all was good and gave me more numbing drops. Wish I would have had my own supply of those. However, for usually having a high pain tolerance and not being too upset about surgeries, this one sucked for me. I knew I was a wimp when it came to my eyes, and major phobia does nothing to describe how I felt last Friday. However, I moaned and borderline whined through the entire procedure, which I was sure lasted 5 or 6 hours, apparently I was only in there for about 10 minutes. The nurse did tell me I did great, cause "we have had quite a few pass out, mostly men, " she told me. They couldn't have dragged me in there had she told me that before. I knew I was in trouble when I had the first Valium and all those around me were about passing out from the one, well not me, I had to have another and still chewed all my nails off waiting. I won't go into the details of the "procedure/torture fest" but I think this would be a good method of torturing prisoners. At one point they had to ask me to please put my feet back on the table, I think subconsciously (well maybe consciously) I was trying to run off. However, with the device stuck to my eye to pry it open, I wouldn't have made it too far. My doc was great and called me that night to see if we were still friends. Because by then I could almost pry my eyes open I told him we could still be friends, how could I say no, my vision could be better than 20/15.
Well, that is it for now, I made it! Thanks for the comments and for calling! I Survived!!!!!
Halloween Festivities
15 years ago












1 comments:
Wowsers Hollie, I've always wanted to get this done, now I'm not so sure. Whew, I'm glad you're done and all is well.
Kell
Post a Comment